Welcome back Bay Trail families! We are very excited to have you back!
Some important notes from our principal, Dr. Snyder –
Drop-off and Pick-Up
If you choose to bring your child, please pay attention to the notes below to help make your experience as smooth and fast as possible.
- Our doors open at 7:15! We have staff assigned in the cafeteria from 7:15-7:45 to accommodate for early arrivals. The earlier you come, the less traffic there will be.
- We encourage you to release your child from the car as soon as you are within our “Drop-off Zone” (there are signs). This space is essentially the entire front of the building. Often parents wait until they are directly at the front door and this slows the process. Get them out as soon as it’s safe.
- We dismiss at 2:40! Pull up along the curb and allow your child to safely get in the car.
Our top priority is that students are safe. We discourage parents from parking in lined spaces or along the road and having their children run across the parking lot. This saves time, but it puts our students in danger. Please follow our loop procedures to ensure all of the students arrive safely.
Red- Do Not allow students to exit or enter the car
Green- Students should enter and exit the car as soon as possible.
If your child needs to leave early, please send them to school with a note. That note should be brought to our Main Office at arrival and a clerk will provide the student with a pass for early dismissal. If you forget to send a note just give us a call.
Cell Phone Policy
The Penfield Code of Conduct states that students should have their electric devices away in either a backpack or locker. Students are not allowed to use them during the school day. If students need to contact a family member they will be directed to a house office.
We have a three-strike policy for using phones at school:
- Provide the student with a warning.
- Provide students with a warning and contact home.
- Provide students with a detention and require a parent to pick up the device.
Our cell phone policy exists to keep students engaged in academics and protect the privacy of all members of the school community.
Shared Decision Making
At Bay Trail, we have a committee made up of parents, teachers, and administrators known as the Shared Decision-Making Team (SDM). This team discusses concerns and maps out solutions for a wide range of pressing topics. We meet monthly in the Bay Trail Conference Room. If you are interested in joining, please send me a note!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact any of the administrators at Bay Trail!
Principal: Rob Snyder (email@example.com)
House A: Steve Eccleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
House B: John Burke (email@example.com)
House C: Jenna Felice (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Special Education: Jennifer Lerner (email@example.com)